Nothing ruins the joy of a perfect summer day like having the wrong type of lawn mower. After all, lawn mowers are one of the most important parts of having a perfectly maintained backyard or garden.
Buying a lawn mower can be pretty overwhelming at times. From choosing between riding or walk-behind ones to considering factors like durability, performance, and price, a lot can go into making an informed buying decision.
This guide will help you choose between Greenworks vs. Ego lawn mowers to make your mowing experience as pleasurable as possible.
Introduction to Greenworks vs. Ego Lawn Mowers
Greenworks is a well-known American brand that produces a range of outdoor power tools, including hand-pushed and cordless mowers. Their lawn mowers are popular for their eco-friendly design, easy-to-use features, and affordability.
Greenworks offers electric lawn mowers and manual-reel mowers. Some of the main features of Greenworks battery-powered lawn mowers include adjustable cutting heights, easy-to-use height adjustment levers, and foldable handles for easy storage.
Overall, Greenworks lawnmowers are a great choice for those looking for an eco-friendly, easy-to-use, and affordable lawn mower for their small to medium-sized lawns.
When comparing Greenworks vs. Ego lawn mowers, Ego is a relatively new Chinese brand but has quickly made its mark with its advanced battery technology, powerful motors, and innovative features.
EGO lawn mowers are mostly powered by lithium-ion batteries with capacities ranging from 2.5 Ah to 10 Ah, providing run times from 45 minutes to 90 minutes, and are suitable for small to large-sized lawns.
Ego lawn mowers come with features like adjustable cutting heights, mulching capabilities, bagging options, and side discharge options. Some models also have self-propelling capabilities, making them easier to use on larger lawns.
Additionally, they are designed with user comfort in mind, with features such as ergonomic handles, LED lights for mowing in low-light conditions, and foldable handles for easy storage.
While EGO’s battery-powered lawn mowers are generally more expensive than some other brands, their advanced features and powerful performance make them a popular choice for those who want a high-quality and efficient lawn mower to handle thick and dense grass easily.
Greenworks vs. Ego Lawn Mowers: Comparison of Features
When choosing between Greenworks vs. Ego lawn mowers, there are several factors that one should consider. Some of these include:
- Cutting performance
- Battery power and battery capacity
Ego mowers are generally more powerful than Greenworks mowers, with Ego’s motor wattage ranging from 600 to 1000 watts compared to Greenworks’ 40 to 80 volts. Ego mowers also have larger cutting decks, ranging from 21 to 56 cm, while Greenworks’ cutting deck sizes range from 30 to 46 cm.
While deciding between Greenworks vs. Ego lawn mowers, it is important to remember your lawn’s needs and which mower best lives up to them. Determining engine size is a good place to start. Consider picking an engine size that will handle tasks like cutting through tall grass, wet grass, and even bagging without causing any difficulties.
Both Greenworks and Ego mowers have features such as adjustable cutting heights, mulching capabilities, and bagging options. However, when comparing Greenworks vs. Ego lawn mowers, Ego mowers have a slightly better cutting performance. This is largely due to their larger cutting decks and more powerful motors, allowing them to handle thicker and denser grass with ease.
Battery life is another factor to consider when comparing Greenworks vs. Ego lawn mowers. Compared to gas lawn mowers, electric lawn mowers powered by lithium-ion batteries are a great option, especially if you own a small to medium-sized lawn. Ego mowers typically have longer battery power than Greenworks mowers.
Ego’s largest battery has a capacity of 10 Ah, which provides up to 90 minutes of run time, while Greenworks’ largest battery has a capacity of 4 Ah, which provides up to 45 minutes of run time. However, Greenworks does offer the option of using multiple batteries to extend the run time.
One of the most important factors that influence the decision of most buyers is price. While the American-based Greenworks mowers are generally more affordable and have a reasonable price than Ego mowers, with prices ranging from around $200 to $500, remember that lawn mowers aren’t something you buy every day.
It’s a one-time investment for the future of your well-trimmed lawn.
Having said that, Ego mowers range from around $300 to $800. The higher price of Ego lawn mowers is due to their advanced features, larger cutting decks, and more powerful motors
Since you’ll probably be using the lawn mower for the next couple of years, it’s important to choose one that is comfortable. While comparing Greenworks vs. Ego lawn mowers, take into consideration their height and weight.
Although Ego lawn mowers are heavier than Greenworks lawn mowers, they are still generally considered to be more comfortable to use because of their self-propelling and folding system.
Maintenance is another important, yet usually ignored, factor when buying a lawn mower. While batteries power Greenworks and Ego lawn mowers, they still require a certain amount of care and maintenance.
In the case of Ego, many users claim that their lawn mowers tend to be more durable and require less maintenance than Greenworks. Ego mowers get the job done faster and with less effort, and the cleaning and replacing of the components are also straightforward.
Greenworks, on the other hand, is said to be the less durable of the two. When put to the test, Greenworks lawn mowers have also proven to be a bit difficult to clean, repair and maintain.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Lawn Mower
Choosing a lawn mower can be quite daunting, especially if you aren’t sure of what to look for. When choosing between Greenworks vs. Ego lawn mowers, several factors are important to consider, irrespective of whichever mower you decide to opt for.
- Lawn Size: Consider the size of your lawn, as this will determine the type of lawn mower you need. For smaller lawns, a push reel or electric mower will suffice, while for larger lawns, a self-propelled or riding mower may be necessary.
- Cutting Width: The cutting width is the width of the blade and determines how much grass can be cut at one time. Consider the size of your lawn and the mower’s cutting width to ensure that you can complete the job efficiently.
- Cutting Height: The cutting height is how high or low the mower blade cuts the grass. Consider the type of grass you have and the recommended cutting height for that grass to ensure optimal lawn health.
- Power Source: Lawn mowers can be powered by gas, electricity, or batteries. While deciding between Greenworks vs. Ego lawn mowers, consider the pros and cons of the power source, including cost, environmental impact, and maintenance requirements. While gas mowers are more durable, battery-operated electric mowers are still considered to be powerful enough to get the job done.
- Maintenance: Consider the maintenance requirements of the mower, including oil changes, blade sharpening, and air filter replacements. Choose a mower that is easy to maintain and has replacement parts readily available.
- Budget: It’s important to consider your budget and choose a mower that falls in your price range. When deciding between Greenworks vs. Ego mowers, keep in mind that more advanced features and larger cutting widths may come with a higher price tag.
- Brand and Warranty: Choose a reputable brand like Greenworks or Ego with a good warranty to protect your investment. Make sure that you research the brand’s reputation and customer service before making a purchase. Look at online reviews of past and existing customers.
When choosing a lawn mower, consider the size of your lawn, cutting width and height, power source, maintenance requirements, budget, and brand reputation. Choosing between Greenworks vs. Ego lawn mowers can be as challenging as choosing hinges for garden sheds, but you should pick one that best meets all your needs.
When deciding between Greenworks vs. Ego lawn mowers, remember your lawn’s needs and what works best for you. Greenworks mowers are generally more affordable and suitable for small to medium-sized properties, while Ego mowers are more powerful and suitable for more extensive lawns.
Ultimately, the choice between the two brands will depend on your specific needs and budget.
Both Greenworks and Ego have a strong and happy customer base with tons of positive reviews praising the high-quality lawn mowers that are eco-friendly and easy to use. To learn more about lawn mowers don’t forget to check out our informative guides. Good luck!